Pure Fantasy Football Manager - The Soccer Management Game - The Football Management Game
Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.4 Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game > Games > Player/Manager - Game 6600 > Monarchs

Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game

Pages (19): « First ... « 17 18 [19]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Neil H
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Michael
I thought mine was a long report for a change, until I have read yours!! It makes mine look a short report.

Desailly free-kick was a bit of a shock.

Lol-I like to go into detail and have some rants and b itches!!
Thats one annoying thing for me about the team selection-that you can't choose a free kick taker.
U can have all other things but it makes a mockery when Desailly smashes a free-kick over Schmeichel as he wouldn't have even taken it had I had a choice.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 3rd November 2014 06:33 PM
Neil H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Neil H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Michael
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Neil H
Lol-I like to go into detail and have some rants and b itches!!
Thats one annoying thing for me about the team selection-that you can't choose a free kick taker.
U can have all other things but it makes a mockery when Desailly smashes a free-kick over Schmeichel as he wouldn't have even taken it had I had a choice.

Haha, it is something I have noticed from reading your stuff!

Perhaps PFF should have the person taking penalties takes the free-kick.

Old Post 3rd November 2014 08:42 PM
Michael is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

The Monarchs juggernaut finally came to a halt this week in the 2nd of this turns games.
First up tho was a LC Cup tie away to Colburn Town and a first half double from Batistuta quickly settled any nerves Monarchs had. Colburn did put one back in the 2nd half but Monarchs easily survived the rest of the game to advance to the next round.
In the league however Monarchs came unstuck away to previously unbeaten FC Escalona.
They went behind early in the first half and despite an equaliser from Hawkins missed chances cost them dear as Escalona survived despite being down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes.Monarchs woeful finishing was capped when they were given the chance to equalise from the Penalty spot 4 mins from time but they previously immaculate Messi missed from 12 yards and Monarchs are now 5 points off the joint leaders in 5th.
Both transfers were blocked this turn so Monarchs turned to different avenues and were looking to tie up deals for a CM and GK very soon.
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!!

Old Post 10th November 2014 03:45 PM
Neil H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Neil H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

Just the one game this turn and it was at home to Anfield Rockets.
Monarchs made all the running and 10mins in Hawkins scored the opener after a great move involving Van Basten and Muller.Just before half-time Hawkins doubled his tally with a bullet header and that's how it stayed until 2mins from the end when Rockets made for a nervy finish with a lucky goal but the match finished 2-1.
The result made no difference to the table tho with Monarchs staying 5th.
Transfer news and there were a lot of days spent haggling with FC Sampa before they could finally unveil the signing of Yaya Toure with Figo leaving.News also was going round that Neuer had signed a contract subject to a medical and was hopefully going to be unveiled to the crowd before this turns games.Also signed was Hernan Crespo but another target was still deadlocked(and probably will be for a few months!!)
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!!

Old Post 17th November 2014 04:14 PM
Batigol
Team Manager

Talking

If that other target is who I am going for, then yes, he will be, lol

Hope its not though :-(

Old Post 17th November 2014 05:35 PM
Batigol is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Batigol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Batigol
If that other target is who I am going for, then yes, he will be, lol

Hope its not though :-(

There are probably at least 4 of us going for him.
May leave him off this turn just to see if he is still deadlocked.
I know Newton will be going for him.

Old Post 17th November 2014 05:47 PM
Batigol
Team Manager

Haha, terrible, really wanted him to try something different against all these 86 teams!!

Old Post 17th November 2014 05:49 PM
Batigol is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Batigol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

Two games,a tale of two Red Cards and whilst it's not the worst in the world,two draws was the tale of this weeks turn.
First up was a LC Quarter Final away to Madman Madness and after the Madness took an early lead,spent the rest of the game fouling to protect it.According to (unofficial) stats Madness committed a P.F.F record 47 fouls(!!) and it was from one of these on the half hour that Monarchs were given the chance to equalise from the spot after Facchetti was booked for bringing down Totti.Unfortunately regular penalty taker Totti was injured so the task was given to Hawkins but he hit the post and it rolled wide.The brutal treatment continued through the second half and it looked like Madness were going to steal one when a minute from time substitute Bale was through on goal before being brought down once again by Facchetti.This time he got what he deserved with a straight red and despite his previous miss Hawkins had the bottle to step up again and this time dispatched the pen straight down the middle to earn a replay.
The games didn't get much easier in the league either with a visit to England Legends but Hawkins gave the away fans hope with a 9th minute opener before Charlton equalised after 25mins.Another shocking ref decision saw Puskas sent off on the hour after he was the victim of an awful tackle but Monarchs 10 men held out comfortably for a 1-1 draw to stay 5pts behind the leaders in 5th.
Transfer news and after weeks of negotiations and rumours Monarchs were finally able to unveil the signing of Neuer with Pedrito also joining.Going the other way were Maier,Hagi, Mascherano and Breitner.Jonathan Rodriguez also joined from OTL.
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!!!

Old Post 24th November 2014 08:20 PM
Neil H
Team Manager

Monarchs recent good run of form came crashing down this turn.
First up was a FA Quarter Final away to FC Escalona.Things seemed to be going to plan as Jairzinho and Weah put Monarchs 2-0 ahead after just 20mins.But for some unknown reason (probably the software!!) Monarchs stopped playing and allowed Escalona to sneak a 3-2 victory.
Next up was the LC Cup replay at home to Dirty Madman Madness and the fouling from the first game continued right from the off yet,ironically,it was from a dodgy penalty given to Madness that the only goal of the game was scored.
In a busy week Monarchs also had a DC Cup Semi-Final as well at home to Dyslexia FC(or however you say it!!)
This was a much more comfortable match and goals from Van Basten and Hawkins in the first half was added to by Weah to complete an easy 3-0 victory and almost secure a place in the final.
Finally was another home game against the Madness in the league and not only were Monarchs shocked to not get kicked all over the place but were also shocked to lose 2-1 with Jairzinho the scorer after Monarchs had gone 2-0 down.Defeat leaves them in 5th place but now 8pts behind the leaders.
Transfers and three players joined in anticipation of the impending upgrades- Roberto Firmino,Camilo Vargas and Adrien Silva all signing short-term deals.
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!

Old Post 1st December 2014 05:44 PM
Neil H
Team Manager

The elation of reaching the final of the D.C Cup was tempered a bit by a disappointing draw in the league which all but ends their slim chances of winning the league.
After a fine 1st leg victory Monarchs again dominated Dexwhateverthey'recalled and strolled to a 3-0 victory(and 6-0 on agg).Puskas,Messi and Jairzinho doing the damage.
In the league tho Monarchs failed to see off a struglling Inter Ya Mam and after Puskas had given Monarchs the lead they were pegged back and it finished in a 1-1 home draw which leaves Monarchs 6th and 8pts off the top with only 6 games left.
Lots of deals were made this turn with Hawkins trying to bring down his spending money before the end of the season.
Dasaev,Junior,Blind and Murillo all came in to the club.
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!!

Old Post 8th December 2014 02:24 PM
MACHINIST
Team Manager

"The elation of reaching the final of the D.C Cup was tempered a bit by a disappointing draw in the league which all but ends their slim chances of winning the league."

Definitely ended now after letting in close to half a dozen goals this turn against me eh lad? hehehe

Old Post 10th December 2014 06:46 PM
MACHINIST is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACHINIST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by MACHINIST
"The elation of reaching the final of the D.C Cup was tempered a bit by a disappointing draw in the league which all but ends their slim chances of winning the league."

Definitely ended now after letting in close to half a dozen goals this turn against me eh lad? hehehe

Yup-that game was definately first up on P.F.F Match Of The Day!!
Don't read the reports til later so couldn't believe it when I scrolled down to the scorers.
Well played pal.

Old Post 10th December 2014 09:45 PM
MACHINIST
Team Manager

That must be the first time you've ever conceded 5 goals in your time in pff?

The game engine throws up crazy results like this now and again though , I've won a game 5-4 before

I highly suggest you don't make substitutions as early as 65mins , in my experience is always ends in disaster , you end up playing the rest of the game with a player who does cr@p.

Old Post 10th December 2014 10:09 PM
MACHINIST is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACHINIST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil H
Team Manager

Monarchs were involved in the game of the day but sadly the result went against them.
The game itself was away to Rangers Legends and it ended 5-3 to the Legends-Probably the most Monarchs have conceded in a single game.
Monarchs went a goal down early but Batistuta levelled only for Wilkins to restore Legends lead.
Van Basten once again equalised only to go into half-time 3-2 down.Batistuta got his brace after 50mins but they conceded another 2 goals after that to leave themselves a massive 11pts behind the leaders now.
The transfer market didn't provide much solace either with only Guzman arriving at the King Stadium.
VIVA LA MONARCHS!!!!!

Old Post 15th December 2014 06:26 PM