Pure Fantasy Football Manager - The Soccer Management Game - The Football Management Game
Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.4 Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game > The Members' Lounge > Real Life Football > Man Utd

Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game

Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
harryefc
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by foxy
Moyes did a great job at Everton which seems to be forgotten & even so by some Evertonians but suppose thats the age we live in, for me Moyes is a good manager despite his failure at Utd, Think he could have turned it round given time but time is not what you get these days

I agree with u that I think he could of turned it round/ made improvement but not to the extent to keep the job long term IMO. We'll never know now tho.

Everton fans haven't forgotten the job he did for us, but he certainly pissed us off with some things, the send off he got at goodison was phenomenal.

I can see why they have done it now, it wouldn't of been easy to sack him in 6-12months because of the amount of money that he needs to spend in the summer.

On Sunday he was tactically inept and had his 28million signin Sittin on the bench also. The owners must of looked at that and it was the final straw.

I can't knock him as a man and I couldn't knock him too much as a manager but he came up well short this season.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 22nd April 2014 05:33 PM
harryefc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harryefc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noel
Team Manager

job was too big too soon..may sound strange but i do think if gill had stayed for his first season hr wud have got sum of the players he wanted...club have done right thing tho imo...there was just no sign of any improvement comin..51 dif starting lineups in 51 games says a great deal

Old Post 22nd April 2014 06:06 PM
noel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for noel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stewuk73
Team Manager

Off subject I keep reading news that Prandelli will join Spurs - one for Ally really.

Chances of Moyes replacing Pardew when the inevitable happens there ?

Will be an even more interesting summer.

With Giggs and Neville in situ. Will United be bringing back Scholes as a player again and Beckham to be an ambassador and Butt as ball boy :-) turning back to the class of 92 !

Old Post 22nd April 2014 08:13 PM
Stewuk73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stewuk73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabb
Team Manager

Sadly he wasn't cut out for it, he could go to somewhere like Newcastle and do what he did at Everton no problem. He is great at that side of the transfer market.

He just doesn't have the tactical know how to do it right at the top level. He left Everton in brilliant shape they wouldn't be where they are now but for him.

Old Post 22nd April 2014 08:38 PM
gabb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stewuk73
Team Manager

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by gabb
Sadly he wasn't cut out for it, he could go to somewhere like Newcastle and do what he did at Everton no problem. He is great at that side of the transfer market.

He just doesn't have the tactical know how to do it right at the top level. He left Everton in brilliant shape they wouldn't be where they are now but for him.

I think that's a decent post mate. Perhaps he was the right man at the wrong time - only time will tell if he gets a second chance at a top four/five club.

Old Post 22nd April 2014 08:41 PM
Stewuk73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stewuk73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabb
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stewuk73
I think that's a decent post mate. Perhaps he was the right man at the wrong time - only time will tell if he gets a second chance at a top four/five club.
his style of management is perfect for Italian football, he doesn't like going all out attack which is another reason he struggled.

Every football club has there own brand of football, very rarely does it change last time i can think is Arsenal going from 1-0 every week to playing exciting football. Because of this you have to get a manager in who believes in that brand of play, most of the players there are set up for that style which is Imo another reason moyes struggled, he just couldn't get the players to buy into it.

Old Post 22nd April 2014 08:57 PM
gabb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gabb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tilly
Team Manager

A good manager in my mind, would employ a tactic which compliments the players at his disposal, rather than try and impose something that they are not good at or used to playing

Old Post 22nd April 2014 09:02 PM
tilly is online now Click Here to See the Profile for tilly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AllyM1
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by gabb
his style of management is perfect for Italian football, he doesn't like going all out attack which is another reason he struggled.

Every football club has there own brand of football, very rarely does it change last time i can think is Arsenal going from 1-0 every week to playing exciting football. Because of this you have to get a manager in who believes in that brand of play, most of the players there are set up for that style which is Imo another reason moyes struggled, he just couldn't get the players to buy into it.

Re: Italian Football, I believe he'd find himself in as similar position as he does now.

I see where your coming from re: tactics but, he'd get lynched out of Juventus, Fiorentina, Inter, Roma and of course, the great Napoli to name but a few if he employed that style of play. He'd do well though at the mid size sides, as his less than stallion like play would adapt to what they need. Italian Football as a non attacking game is somewhat outdated. Yes it's not the same run, run, run of the EPL but, the same desire for passing football has grown like it has elsewhere.

From what I read, his man management leaves allot to be desired. I get the impression he's a 'one size fits all' Manager, incapable of handle different people differently, in essence, he's a Manager, not a leader which would see him struggle with any major side in any league.

I've seen Newcastle as a not out of the question location for him. I could see him doing a good job there.

Old Post 22nd April 2014 11:08 PM
AllyM1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AllyM1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AllyM1
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Stewuk73
Off subject I keep reading news that Prandelli will join Spurs - one for Ally really.

Chances of Moyes replacing Pardew when the inevitable happens there ?

Will be an even more interesting summer.

With Giggs and Neville in situ. Will United be bringing back Scholes as a player again and Beckham to be an ambassador and Butt as ball boy :-) turning back to the class of 92 !

RE: Prandelli, I recall talk a few months back of him potentially joining Spurs but that seemed to fizzle out. I also believe he's contracted to Italy until 2016.

I've not seen anything lately in the Italian press.

However, I suppose you can never be certain. I could go online to the Corriere Dello Sport tomorrow and something would be there.

Though as a write this, nowt to report.

Old Post 22nd April 2014 11:13 PM
AllyM1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AllyM1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noel
Team Manager

ginger ninja is bk took trainin with giggsy this mornin

Old Post 23rd April 2014 11:28 AM
noel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for noel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kinkster
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by noel
ginger ninja is bk took trainin with giggsy this mornin

and that says all you need to know about David Moyes philosophy

Van Gaal with Giggs and Scholes yes please

Old Post 23rd April 2014 11:38 AM
kinkster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kinkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gabb
Team Manager

United are a club that keeps there legends close by. Really do think they should try and heal the wounds with Keane.

Old Post 23rd April 2014 12:49 PM
noel
Team Manager

only wounds there is with keane r personal ones with fergie imo...u cant tell from what he says and way he speaks

Old Post 23rd April 2014 01:00 PM