Pure Fantasy Football Manager - The Soccer Management Game - The Football Management Game
Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.4 Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game > PFG General > Ask the Experts/Tips and advice > Playing an ST

Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Batigol
Team Manager

Playing an ST

Looking to come up with a formation using a ST in a game I am in. Like the idea of using one with WM, seems like a nice balance, but there are so few around...

Had a bit of success in a game once playing ST/CM/IF in midfield too

Wondering if people tried any other formations and styles with an ST?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10th November 2014 11:34 PM
Batigol is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Batigol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newton83
Team Manager

I'm having good success at the moment with my MK Dons team using 3-3-4 with ST, CM, IF as the midfield.

In my experience, as a general rule teams tend to play better with an ST or an IF, rather than 2 or 3 CMs. I guess there are no overlaps and each player knows their role within the team.

Old Post 21st November 2014 02:00 PM
Newton83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Newton83 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Poweller
Team Manager

Tried an ST with 2 CM's and an IF. Turned out horribly. I was playing 5 at the back and a lone CF though.

Old Post 21st November 2014 02:11 PM
Poweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Poweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Batigol
Team Manager

Aye, I have been experimenting in a few of my games and think I have done enough to sucessfully write-off the season in a few of them, lol.

Gonna start experimenting with aggression too and different styles

Old Post 21st November 2014 02:42 PM
Batigol is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Batigol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MACHINIST
Team Manager

As always, what works well in one game can be utter trash in another

I've had big success winning silverware with this formation

RB CB LB
ST IF CM
RW CF CF LW

But I've also had complete disaster and relegation using the very same formation and tactics (8002)

Old Post 21st November 2014 04:21 PM
MACHINIST is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACHINIST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Batigol
Team Manager

Same here, can't seem to get a read on what changes between games though, maybe its just a question of form and players who play well in a tactic

I don't think that is down to atts though, see teams with awful atts for their tactic that are flying!

Old Post 21st November 2014 04:49 PM