Pure Fantasy Football Manager - The Soccer Management Game - The Football Management Game
Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.4 Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game > PFG General > PFG General Chat > Don't you just hate.......

Pure Fantasy Football Management - the online football management game

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Newton83
Team Manager

Thumbs down Don't you just hate.......

...being let down by other members!

I had 2 cash deals confirmed this turn, only for the other manager to leave the game! I thought with this new system that when you saw the transfers 'confirmed', then those deals had to be honoured, as per the wording:

"Confirmed transfers/loans
(once a loan/transfer has been confirmed it cannot be changed/cancelled)"

First of all, the member leaving should inform the other team that all deals are off. Not all members follow etiquette rules in this way, which is a sad truth about this game. The least that could be done then, is that the team remaining in the game gets an alert or something so that they know the transfers are off. I had changed my OTL choices specifically on the strength of these deals going through, and I've now not bought any players this turn, and have lost out on OTL. Anyone else has this since the new system?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 23rd February 2012 04:14 PM
Newton83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Newton83 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MACHINIST
Team Manager

Yep, I have, it was a manager that was new, a name I had never seen before, a week later he left, probably thought this game wasnt for him.

But even worse than that Is when it's a manager that has been in the game long enough to know better, and carrys on doing deals In other games without a care

Old Post 23rd February 2012 05:56 PM
MACHINIST is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MACHINIST Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mimih
Team Manager

ive had it a few times recently.... some managers contact you or will even ask the new manager to honour it.... some dont even let you know which is poor.

Old Post 23rd February 2012 05:58 PM
mimih is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mimih Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newton83
Team Manager

My idea is that I think there should be a system in place that alerts you.

So for example, I've confirmed some deals with Team A. If Team A become unmanaged, I should be alerted on my managers orders. Maybe something similar to when you submit a deal - "you have deals awaiting confirmation".

Old Post 23rd February 2012 06:13 PM
Newton83 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Newton83 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devilbee
Team Manager

It is the most annoying thing ever.

Im doing a French theme in 8005 and twice had deals for Amoros set up and twice the manager quite after they had been confirmed.

Next thing another new manager comes in and sells him elsewhere. So annoying. I do believe that as long as its not somebody blatantly stripping a team or doing some stupid deals n leaving they shud still go thru.

Old Post 24th February 2012 09:25 AM
devilbee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for devilbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bettsy
Team Manager

Personally I don't think the deals should go through. I know this won't be popular but the new manager of that club may not want to lose that particular player or do that particular deal.

I would suggest that the best route forward would be for an alert, but also the option to cancel other deals related to this one at your discretion in this one instance.

Old Post 24th February 2012 09:44 AM
bettsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bettsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PFF Admin
Administrator

1) Since day one of the new system the following warning has appeared at the top of the negotated transfers page:

Please note that even if a transfer is confirmed it may still fail when the game is run if: the other manager retires before the game is run or if we elect to veto the transfer.

2) This is something that happens very rarely. Whilst it may be annoying when it happens to your team we need to keep this in proportion. This week for example (up until Thursday) it happened in one game with one manager. That is out of all games run. Most weeks this doesn't happen in any game.

3) It wouldn't be practical (or desirable given the very small number of instances) to build any kind of alert system - besides a manager can retire anytime up until five minutes before the deadline.

4) we certainly do not plan to put deals through if a manager leaves. Apart from being unfair to the next manager it would be an open invitation for cheating. Join a club, set up a deal, retire. Never going to happen.

We suggest that members should:

1) accept it is part and parcel of the game. It's annoying when it happens but it happens very rarely. Compared to the old system - when it happened ALL the time - it's as good as it is ever going to be.

2) think twice about doing deals with a member who has let you down in this way before - and tell them why. They are less likely to do it again.

3) you can always check if a team you have done a deal with has become unmanaged/changed manager - just look at the squad lists on the member's menu.

Old Post 24th February 2012 10:02 AM
PFF Admin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PFF Admin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bettsy
Team Manager

Would it be practical to allow for other deals to be cancelled if this happens with the agreement of the any other managers involved?

I think in most cases people get over the fact that a deal falls through, but they probably get miffed as they do other deals on the pretence that the failed deal is happening.

Old Post 24th February 2012 10:34 AM
bettsy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bettsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PFF Admin
Administrator

Generally once a deal has been confirmed it cannot be cancelled.

If the above situation arises we would cancel other negotiated deals ONLY if both managers involved in the other deals agreed to the cancellation via the support desk BEFORE the game runs.

If the other manager says no - then you have to live with it.

In other words we would not cancel deals:

i) that have not been affected by a manager leaving a team

ii) unless both managers of the deals now in question confirm they wish to cancel - ie No unilateral requests. Requests must be via the support desk BEFORE the game runs.

Any request to cancel a deal for any other reasons will be rejected - ie confirmed is confirmed.

Old Post 24th February 2012 10:52 AM
PFF Admin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PFF Admin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newton83
Team Manager

Thumbs up

quote:
Originally posted by PFF Admin

Please note that even if a transfer is confirmed it may still fail when the game is run if: the other manager retires before the game is run or if we elect to veto the transfer.

Fair play to PFF for this response, I've never seen this warning before to take notice of it. Rest assured I will be referring to the free teams lists for all future deals.

Old Post 24th February 2012 11:13 AM
devilbee
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by bettsy
Would it be practical to allow for other deals to be cancelled if this happens with the agreement of the any other managers involved?

I think in most cases people get over the fact that a deal falls through, but they probably get miffed as they do other deals on the pretence that the failed deal is happening.

This is exactly what happened to me another time when I did a deal with a manager (new altho I didnt know he was new).
PFF vetoed those deals and I sold other players based on this happening.

So I ended up with a stack of cash and no players.

I know PFF are trying to do whats best but in this instance it absolutely sucked!

Old Post 24th February 2012 12:10 PM
devilbee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for devilbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bettsy
Team Manager

quote:
Originally posted by PFF Admin
Generally once a deal has been confirmed it cannot be cancelled.

If the above situation arises we would cancel other negotiated deals ONLY if both managers involved in the other deals agreed to the cancellation via the support desk BEFORE the game runs.

If the other manager says no - then you have to live with it.

In other words we would not cancel deals:

i) that have not been affected by a manager leaving a team

ii) unless both managers of the deals now in question confirm they wish to cancel - ie No unilateral requests. Requests must be via the support desk BEFORE the game runs.

Any request to cancel a deal for any other reasons will be rejected - ie confirmed is confirmed.

Didn't know this, great response PFF Cheers

Old Post 24th February 2012 01:20 PM